Leftover steak is also delicious in this meal; you don't have to reheat it. Whether the meat is cold or hot, this recipe is a winner.
Cost for serving four: $9.11
You could substitute any kind of cheese or vegetables you'd like in this easy and elegant main dish salad recipe. In the summer, grill outside and use fresh corn cut from the cob. In the winter, pull out your dual-contact indoor grill and use frozen corn. Yum!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
* 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak or round steak
* 3 Tbsp. vinaigrette Italian salad dressing
* 3 ears fresh corn OR 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
* 1/2 cup sliced green onions
* 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms
* 1 cup cubed Havarti or Swiss cheese
* 1/2 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
* 4 cups mixed salad greens
Brush steak with vinaigrette salad dressing and let stand for 15 minutes. For round steak, marinate in the fridge for at least four hours, preferably eight.
If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cob and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and proceed with recipe.
In large bowl, combine corn, onions, pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese with creamy Italian salad dressing and toss to combine. Place on greens on serving plate.
Grill steak on two sided dual contact grill for 5-9 minutes until desired doneness. Or cook on outdoor grill, over medium coals, for 8-14 minutes until desired doneness. Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and place on top of corn salad. Serve immediately. 4-6 servings
Fat: 16 grams
Vitamin A: 25% DV
Vitamin C: 83% DV
Iron: 20% DV